Sunday, August 29, 2010

ChinaWineChick Loves to Wine

And so, this is my first blog.

I'll keep it short as it's getting quite late, but I am hoping that this first blog will mark my official embarkment on a long, exciting and probably arduous journey to learn the fascinating world of wines.

" I wine, therefore I'm a lady!"

I do not intend to turn back.

Like many 20-something going on 30 ladies living out here in HK, I have a job, earn a decent living, have a somewhat balanced and healthy social life, go on multiple long and short haul trips every year, spend quite a deal on beauty products, take yoga classes, have a stock portfolio, had just recently bought an apartment, and rightfully considers myself a generally happy and blessed soul.

However I also seem to be perpetually single, and unlike those who can fill their weekends and vacation times with boyfriend and husband-activities, I end up with quite a great deal of time to ponder on the myriad other things that I can do with my life to make my perpetually manless existence a little more colorful. Hence on a serendipitous solo trip to Burgundy a few years ago, I found myself falling in love. I fell in love with wine.

So I decided to start this wine blog. To talk about this new-found passion of mine and to learn more about it. In a nutshell, I hope to achieve the following few things from this wine blog:

1. to talk about my passion for wines, freely and openly
2. to share what I know (and don't know) for the purpose of self-entertainment and self-development
3. to engage other winers out there, and hope we can teach and empower each other with what we know
4. get a toe or foot into the wine industry in the near enough future (i'm giving myself 1.5 years from now, before I turn 30)
5. ... by becoming an expert first. fast.

Hence, now, at precisely 12:04 am, I am officially deciding to carve my determination in words, in this vast blogging universe. As I said, there's no turning back.Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment